Jr. Epidemiologist/Medical Liaison Assistant
Kelly Services is seeking a Jr. Epidemiologist/ Medical Liaison Assistant who will be responsible for following up with patients that have contracted COVID-19. Once these contacts are identified this individual will assist in locating, contacting and gathering information to input in the public health system. Their primary job will be initiating contact for contact tracing.
- Assist in calling newly diagnosed patients.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Collect and record information on symptoms into data management platform.
- Provide contacts with approved information about Texas’ quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 social resources.
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor.
- Prefer candidates who have done case investigations with HIV, STD, etc. is acceptable.
- Possess relevant experience related to the position and an understanding of health and disease.
- Medical terminology preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Second or multiple languages a plus
- Associates or Bachelors in Science, Epidemiology, Public Health, Biology or experience equivalent preferred
*Note: Training will be in person in Lubbock, Texas and will require a laptop and phone. The trainee will be reimbursed for gas. After training this position is remote.
Pay Rate: $19-$24.00 per hour based on experience.
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.