Kelly Services is seeking a Production Planner/Scheduler for a food manufacturer in Blue Earth, MN. In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring material inventories, tracking production processes, and reviewing factors affecting production schedules.
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Develops efficient schedules and ensures that material flow is consistent with sales requirements; and meets budget parameter which enables the plant to meet its production output objectives/commitments
- Monitors material flow to ensure it is compatible with production requirements and at a cost level consistent with the manufacturing plan as to minimize inventory investment.
- Facilitates production planning and scheduling with plant, sales, and R&D to ensure compliance with production planning objectives
- Communicates to plant management recommendations in regards to schedule opportunities, variances, and areas of improvement. Takes active daily role with shift managers in developing a common schedule plan
- Assists accounting/finance with information on costing and material usage.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of effective production planning & scheduling practices including operating systems, material handling principles and PC skills.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of data involving forecasts, MPS, MRP, CRP and production yields.
- Food manufacturing experiences or similar preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the company as well as external contacts.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.