Now hiring American Sign Language interpreters to work from home.
- Adhere to RID Code of Professional Conduct
- Demonstrate linguistic competence both receptively and expressively in American Sign Language and English
- Render correct concepts and meanings according to the conventions of established interpretation protocol
- Provide clear and accurate renditions with no additions, deletions or omissions
- Employ good customer service and communication skills, clear sign articulation, fingerspelling, enunciation and pronunciation
- Understand protocol and terminology in healthcare, government, education and other settings
- Maintain a professional demeanor throughout the assignment at all times
- Have access to the Internet or work related electronic communication
- Provide clarification and cultural brokering using excellent judgment and skill
- Demonstrate commitment to cultural sensitivity and working in a diverse environment
- Verifiable and current National certification (RID, NAD or CASLI or BEI)
- Verifiable and current state certification
- 3 year in Interpreter Training OR 4 year degree in Interpreter training or a related field
- Excellent receptive and expressive sign-to-voice and voice-to-sign skill and proficiency in cultural dynamics
- Ability to provide cultural competency and effectively assess the communication needs of consumers
- Excellent listening, retention, critical thinking and self-monitoring skills
- Ability to concentrate and to stay detached from the conversation, remaining neutral and objective at all times and following clients- instructions closely
- Ability to explain idiomatic expressions and cultural nuances to avoid miscommunication
- Ability to interpret using simultaneous and/or consecutive interpreting modes as appropriate
- Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, schedule or other form
- Ability to work in interpreting teams
* Laptop, video tech, headset, lighting and shirts provided
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.