Maintenance Technician (Day & Night Shift Available)
Kelly Engineering Resources has an immediate opportunity for skilled Maintenance Techs to join our client’s team in Livonia, MI for 3 – 6 months. In this role you will maintain the mechanical assets in the building, i.e.: packaging equipment, conveyors, case erectors, compressors, etc. Maintenance Tech will be responsible for performing all functions necessary to ensure the efficient and reliable maintenance of the plant for optimized production efficiencies.
Full-time day and night shifts available: 3 full & 1 half day Work Schedule:
- Sun-Tues Days-5a-5p; Wed: 5a-11a, Sun-Tues Nights 5p-5a; Wed: 5p-11p
- Thurs-Sat Days 5a-5p; Wed: 5a-11a, Thurs- Sat Nights 5p-5a; Wed: 5p-11p
- Work supportively with machine operators, facility supervisors, and other production employees to meet warehouse standards
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems related to all material/product handling equipment components and resolve issues as needed.
- Repair, replace maintain and troubleshoot AC and DC motors, photo eyes, relays and proximity sensors.
- Install, set-up and maintain AC variable drives as needed.
- Troubleshoot electronic, electrical and mechanical problems related to high-speed packaging equipment and subsystems resolving issues as needed.
- Replace, repair, and/or adjust packaging machines as directed by shift supervisor.
- Ensure all associated equipment, tools, and spare parts are accounted for and secured when not in use.
- Perform preventative / predictive and emergency maintenance of equipment using OEM manuals, standard maintenance procedures, and any associated schematics within safe, specified limits.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in industrial electricity 3-phase 480v and 208v, single phase 110v Millwright level experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Advanced experience with AC/DC electronics / PLC/control circuit troubleshooting.
- Advance experience with AC motor troubleshooting and installation
- Demonstrable experience with a multimeter, megger, and other associated test equipment
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting with PLCs and troubleshooting control issues
- Advanced experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), to include, writing, programming and installation required
- Experience with Ladder Logic a plus
- Experience with troubleshooting, set-up, and installation of advanced electronic analog and digital packaging systems in an industrial environment
- Experience with predictive / preventative maintenance tools and procedures
- Computer maintenance management system experience (CMMS)
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.