Clinical Lab Tech I (BSL-2), Temple City / Los Angeles, CA
The Lab Technician I is responsible for performing clinical laboratory test procedures following standard operating (SOP) and quality assurance (QA) procedures under general supervision. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in a team committed to Clinical Sequencing Services and other clinical and diagnostic test services.
Schedule/Shift: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift Available
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain good record keeping for all testing performed as mandated by established protocols at the company.
- Follow only approved laboratory procedures for all divisions of clinical testing that the technician has received and completed training on.
- Perform DNA extraction from various specimen types, specimen Triage, PCR, qPCR, Sanger Sequencing, and/or other molecular assays as needed.
- Perform certain complex lab procedures under general supervision. Those complex procedures include Sanger sequencing, qPCR, RPPCR, MLPA, and NGS library prep for sequencing services and BSL-2 diagnostic tests.
- Assist with troubleshooting skills and be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results. All such circumstances should immediately be brought to the attention of the lab supervisor.
- Assist with daily routine work in the maintenance of lab cleanliness and order.
- Assist with maintenance of stocked laboratory supplies and place orders in accordance with currently established procedures as needed.
- Completion of all assigned training courses in a timely manner as assigned by the compliance team.
- Maintain open and honest communication with team members to promote a healthy and productive work environment for all.
- Full compliance with established laboratory standards for safety, privacy, and HIPAA regulations.
- Report to the Lab Supervisor or designated Licensed Lab Technologist regarding all daily assigned duties or any issues and concerns related to job performance and safety.
- Bachelor's Degree in molecular biology, genetics, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a clinical setting with hands-on involvement in BSL-2 level PCR testing.
- Must have a great work ethic and immaculate attention to detail.
- Knowledge of molecular biology and/or medical genetics in a clinical setting.
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Grace at 714.253.7656 or schedule a time to connect directly follow the link: https://calendly.com/gracepiper/15min-1
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly complies with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative. A conviction record does not automatically bar individuals from employment.