Bioinformatics Scientist - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Collaborate with bioinformatics staff and provide bioinformatics-related analysis support.
- Consult with investigators regarding their bioinformatics-related needs.
- Recommend technology-based solutions.
- Determine computational strategies.
- Perform next generation sequencing data analysis (e.g., bulk RNA, scRNA, WGS, WXS, Targeted Pathogen, TCR, BCR and Bisulfite).
- Perform microarray data analysis (e.g., Expression, Variation, Methylation, CGH).
- Perform ad-hoc statistical data analysis (e.g., linear, non-linear, contingency, machine learning).
- Perform ad-hoc sequence analysis (e.g., paired, multiple, phylogenetics, promoter, comparative genomics), and RNA/Protein analysis (structure prediction, targeting, stimulation, MS).
- Utilize statistical programming language (e.g., R) and ad-hoc code for large data set manipulation in Perl or Python; provide analysis using Linux.
- Communicate results following the execution of those strategies through discussion at seminars, manuscripts or via presentation at conferences
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related discipline. Master’s degree with sufficient experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience with next generation sequencing data analysis (e.g., bulk RNA, scRNA, WGS, WXS, Targeted Pathogen, TCR, BCR and Bisulfite), microarray data analysis (e.g., Expression, Variation, Methylation, CGH), ad-hoc statistical data analysis (e.g., linear, non-linear, contingency, machine learning), ad-hoc sequence analysis (e.g., paired, multiple, phylogenetics, promoter, comparative genomics), and RNA/Protein analysis (structure prediction, targeting, stimulation, MS).
- Proficiency in using a statistical programming language (e.g., R) and the ability to ad-hoc code for large data set manipulation in Perl or Python.
- Work experience in the Linux environment.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.