Kelly Services is actively seeking a Packaging Analyst for Nissan at their Smyrna, TN location.
This is a long term indefinite contract opportunity to join a great team!
- This position will work with suppliers, manufacturing, material handling, and other internal teams on current model activities such as packaging changes, improvements, and day to day issues. This position will also be responsible for reviewing current packaging concerns while continuously looking for kaizen opportunities.
- The packaging analyst will plan, maintain, and track project development and report as required in order to ensure that all projects are completed on time to support production.
- Coordinate packaging proposals and approvals with suppliers and multiple Nissan departments to implement new model packaging, current model packaging improvements, and resolve day to day issues Maintain project reports to ensure they support production using Microsoft Project and/or Excel Utilize NNA standardized packaging guidelines including all safety requirements Participate in launch readiness meetings, support and/or participate in VC-Lot Activities Study/develop/purchase/maintain returnable container fleets for domestic operations and analyze fleet size for logistics route changes due to supplier relocation
- Visit suppliers and other plants when necessary to support launch and improvement activities Oversee development of prototype packaging (design, testing and manufacturing) Investigate packaging change request, part changes as related to packaging, logistic studies and supplier/purchasing request Update CICS (Nissan main-frame) system with part and packaging data
- Support returns team, FSTR groups, THANKS, and other on-site teams with packaging related projects Investigate quality issues as related to packaging as well as supplier packaging maintenance/repair/cleaning
- Job Knowledge and Skill: General knowledge of packaging materials and SCM operations, ability to analyze, lead, and execute cross-functional projects, able to convey analytical findings in effective PowerPoint format to a wide range of departments
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Science, Engineering, or SCM – internships in automotive a plus or 2 years’ experience equal 1 year of college Computer Skills: CAD/Solid Works, Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Vizio
- Travel: Occasional day, overnight, and international travel
- Other skills: Excellent time and project management skills, good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple plant teams, seamlessly translating from technical to less complex terms.
- Comfortable with oral presentations.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Put yourself in the driver’s seat and apply today.
As the local offices of Kelly Services do not represent the above position, please apply on-line for immediate consideration. For questions regarding this position, please email me at email@example.com
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.