The MHPSS Coordinator - Caribbean will be responsible for overseeing the program activities linked with mental health and psychosocial support across all program sites. They will additionally be the key focal point for any local partners or external engagement that is MHPSS focused within the Caribbean program. They will guide and oversee all MHPSS activities with community based health centers in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in order to improve the access, quality, and provision of mental health available to vulnerable populations. This includes that all assessments, trainings, curriculums, and guidance that is provided is in line with global guidelines, culturally appropriate and linked with existing services, supports or systems that exist in the program sites. The MHPSS Coordinator will provide mental health training to community based health centers in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in order to improve the access, quality, and provision of mental health available to vulnerable populations
Skills and Qualifications
- The qualified candidate will be a mental health professional with MA/S or equivalent in social science – psychology, clinical social work or sociology – with knowledge of human rights, international development, public health or other relevant field;
- Knowledgeable in and has used the IASC MHPSS and GBV/CP guidelines and best practices as part of their previous work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years (of which at least 2 in the field) of progressively responsible professional experience in humanitarian work, and substantial experience in MHPSS, including in emergencies.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment of and design and delivery of responses to pre-existing and emergency induced MHPSS needs.
- Training experience required; capacity and proven track record in national staff and partner training.
- Knowledge of MHPSS Case Management and Integration of MH into PHC approaches.
- Experience in working in the region is a plus.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
- Ability to work within a team structure or in isolation, flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and working with limited resources
- Ability to travel on short notice to project sites
- English language proficiency is required.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Must be authorized to work in Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.