Kelly Services is actively seeking a Paint Process Engineer for Nissan at their Smyrna, TN location.
This is a long term indefinite contract opportunity to join a great team!
We are currently seeking a contract Paint Shop Process Engineer to work at Nissan in Smyrna, TN. We offer a competitive salary, a great benefits package, and the opportunity to grow with one of the worlds most innovative car makers
Grow your career by joining Kelly Services Engineering Resources Team at Nissan North America.
- Performs a variety of engineering work in planning and design of processes for manufacturing in a Paint Shop.
- Provides engineering planning and project management for new equipment and tooling specification development, scope of work, and implementation of facility modifications required for new model programs or strategic objectives to improve the total delivery costs of the vehicles.
- Performs studies as required for new model designs or technology changes for the painting operations.
- Provides engineering support required to develop and implement new materials including facility modifications; includes new paint colors or annual color program or technology changes.
- Involvement in cross functional work groups and problem solving teams. Support trials required for model changes, running design changes, part specification changes, process changes, and tooling and equipment changes
- Schedules and facilitates meetings to discuss production trial objectives, timelines, concerns, and progress status.
- Develop sealer and underbody coating audit sheets.
- Production aid evaluation and trials. Develop or modify production and delivery maps
- Assist with work station modifications. Assist with anti-corrosion activities. Assist with color match activities.
- Support manufacturing personnel on sash tape trials/issues. Collect/analyze data to support quality improvements on new models.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, but will consider other Engineering degrees
- Proficient in MSOffice applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint. AutoCAD
- Problem solving skills to determine solutions to concerns based on data and internal plant KPIs and standards.
- Must have good understanding of root cause analysis, problem solving techniques and process control management for quality issue resolution
- Ability to multi-task and manage several ongoing activities.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and develop and maintain a working relationship with production, maintenance and quality.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with good written and verbal communication skills.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Put yourself in the driver’s seat and apply today
As the local offices of Kelly Services do not represent the above position, please apply on-line for immediate consideration. For questions regarding this position, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.