Kelly Services is actively seeking a Parts Quality Engineer for Nissan at their Smyrna, TN location.
This is a long term indefinite contract opportunity to join a great team!
- Provides engineering support for the development, production, and quality of new and current manufactured vehicles within assigned area at NNA manufacturing plants.
Communicates with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and other Nissan affiliates to propose and implement countermeasures for quality, manufacturing, and field concerns within assigned area. Assists manufacturing plants and suppliers in identifying cost saving methods while improving quality. Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
- Communicates with suppliers to ensure assigned parts meet Nissan quality standards; reviews supplier s assembly and offers improvement suggestions; works with suppliers to eliminate repetitive quality concerns and establish permanent countermeasures; rates suppliers based on response to quality issues.
- Produces and maintains equipment and manufacturing process sheets describing installation of assigned parts; determines and approves optimum process equipment for assigned area; reviews and updates process sheets or inspection standards for part changes or manufacturing concerns within assigned area; conducts cost studies for new processes or equipment; performs audits in assigned area to resolve any open issues.
- Analyzes various quality and warranty reports to investigate production and customer satisfaction concerns; determines root cause and assists in developing solutions; ensures countermeasures are successfully adopted.
- Attends functional trials to review part design changes for potential customer and manufacturing concerns, and coordinates with design engineers, NTC and NTC-NA to resolve design concerns; conducts engineering trials on new model launches to identify equipment and part fit issues; participates in plant trial for current and new models to develop and improve material and process aids or new process equipment.
- Works with suppliers to ensure required or recommended design changes do not have a negative impact on quality or manufacturing process; communicates any concerns attributed to parts design or recommended changes to NTC-NA and NTC personnel to improve part function and fit; recommends design changes which would lower cost and aid in manufacturing of parts for new and existing models; implements design notes including functional approvals, new part approval, and final authorization for initiating shipping.
- Provides support for new model launches by developing tooling specifications, conducting trials, and following production and quality concerns in assigned area; represents assigned area during new model development trials in Japan and U.S.; provides new vehicle information and system training for new quality inspection items.
- Assists in trouble-shooting quality concerns and equipment or tooling problems in assigned area; recommends tooling modifications as required; submits and follows-up on purchase requisitions and work orders required to set up and maintain production in assigned area. Reviews and becomes thoroughly knowledgeable about current model Dispersion Control DCC and process control parameters within assigned area; monitors data to recommend corrective action and implement changes to process as required.
- Reviews part, sub-assembly and complete body or system layout data for potential countermeasures for improvement of quality.
- Must meet requirements for MR1 level or possess equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge of assigned areas; process equipment and flow knowledge.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of quality control assessment such as statistical process control.
- Ability to understand part, sub-assembly or system dimensional layouts.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Put yourself in the driver’s seat and apply today.
As the local offices of Kelly Services do not represent the above position, please apply on-line for immediate consideration. For questions regarding this position, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.