Scientific Program Manager - NIH - Rockville, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Scientific Program Manager to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Provide epidemiologic expertise for the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study at NIDA, including but not limited to study design, field operations, methods and collection of questionnaire data and biological samples.
- Perform study design, management, decision making, workgroup material reviews, and presentations.
- Provide resource and budgeting oversight; collect, analyze and interpret data; prepare summaries and reports for staff review.
- Lead workgroups and team within relevant technical assigned expertise.
- Perform first pass reading, tracking and evaluation of deliverables.
- Conduct reviews of relevant workgroup materials; coordinate feedback across team and collaborators within the project; guide revisions.
- Coordinate and oversee relevant research findings, public information dissemination and responses to relevant inquiries.
- Conduct literature reviews; lead and collaborate on scientific manuscripts and reports for publications.
- Advise senior project staff on study decisions; troubleshoot issues; analyze study goals, timeline, planning and progress.
- Facilitate communication and collaborative efforts with other NIH Institutes and Department agencies in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate meetings and prepare meeting notes for standing assigned meetings.
- Coordinate materials and background information for advisory board meetings; prepare and distribute project briefing packets for staff.
- Stay abreast of relevant science, current research and relevant regulatory and policy-related issues
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in Epidemiology, Health Sciences or a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master’s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the research field.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data analyses, including longitudinal studies and/or mixed methods research.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience with EndNote.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- General knowledge of the epidemiology of tobacco use or a related topic in the health sciences field.
- Knowledge of study design, field operations, methods and data collection operations of large studies.
- Strong publication record, commensurate with experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written and exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task on a wide range of scientific and administrative responsibilities and pay close attention to detail.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.