Industrial Hygiene Scientist - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking an Industrial Hygiene Scientist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Conduct research studies related to toxic materials and harmful physical agents used or found in the laboratory and office environments.
- Collaborate with staff on hazard surveillance projects which characterize the nature and extent of workers’ exposure.
- Prepare and present reports of findings at meetings, conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
- Provide support for the collection of environmental samples in the field and laboratory and in laboratory sample preparation.
- Provide support for advanced chemical analysis for projects involving analysis of environmental and biological samples.
- Provide statistical design expertise and analyses for data derived from occupational health and safety interventions.
- Collect data from indoor quality studies, water and air samples, and other applied science interventions.
- Critically evaluate and summarize epidemiologic and scientific literature on specific topics in occupational health and safety.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in Public Health, Exposure Sciences, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
- Broad training in public health and/or industrial hygiene.
- Strong working knowledge in exposure assessment and control, exposure modeling, and human health risk assessment.
- Experience with data analytics, and/or biostatistics.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.