Quality Control (QC) Technician, Los Angeles, CA
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a QC Technician for the Advanced Materials Division located the Los Angeles, CA manufacturing site.
As a QC Technician, you will perform accurate and timely testing and reporting of routine lab samples in accordance with specified technical and safety guidelines.
Schedule/Shift: 1st shift, Mon.-Fri.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs inspections and test samples of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods submitted to QC in a timely manner for conformance with specified requirements and with an emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy of execution and following proper prioritization.
- Accurately maintains and timely records all required quality control records, including data entry into QC Cards and SAP.
- Accurately maintains the quality status of batches (pass or fail) on the QC Cards, and in the QC samples databases and in SAP
- Timely issues Nonconforming Material Reports as appropriate.
- Maintains retained samples and prevents detrimental exposures and contamination and maintain traceability and retrievability. Properly replenish retained samples when running low.
- Maintains lab equipment and tools in safe and good working condition and timely submits repair work orders when required.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate lab supplies through prompt re-stocking requests to avoid shutdown.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace in accordance with Company requirements.
- Able to follow instructions and perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in and completes Company-required training programs; participates in EHS initiatives.
- Presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed to ensure staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- High School diploma required. An Associate's degree (AS) in Science (Chemistry) preferred.
- Demonstrated success in the above key accountabilities and responsibilities.
- At least two (2) years QC testing experience
- Very good communication skills as position that interfaces with various departments and contractors
- Dealing with ambiguity and priority setting
- Proven understanding of day to day business activities, reporting and operations.
- Computer literacy
For immediate consideration, apply today! Questions? Call Airika at 562.206.2707
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly complies with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative. A conviction record does not automatically bar individuals from employment.