Radiochemist - HPLC Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Chemist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Develop analytical methods for PET radiotracers (e.g., HPLC methods).
- Perform PET radiotracers production and analyses in full compliance with pertaining regulations (e.g., INDs).
- Comply with training requirements for PET radiotracer production and analysis.
- Perform regular syntheses of radiotracers on automated synthesis devices.
- Maintain automated apparatus for radiosyntheses.
- Perform experimental radiochemistry.
- Perform radiochemical analyses on radiotracers, using techniques such as radio-TLC and radio-HPLC.
- Perform organic synthesis of key materials (reference compounds and precursors for labeling) in support of the medicinal chemistry program.
- Work up and implement new methods.
- Ensure radiation safety during radiosyntheses and radioanalytical chemistry operations.
- Record raw data; file data accessibly.
- Contribute to laboratory activities and findings at laboratory meetings.
- Work with staff to prepare laboratory findings for publication and presentation at meetings.
- Perform organic synthesis of key materials (e.g., reference compounds and precursors for labeling).
- Work with staff on exploratory-IND applications.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree or higher in Chemistry, Radiochemistry, or a related discipline. Two (2) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a related field.
- Extensive experience with separation techniques such as HPLC.
- Practical experience with analytical and/or synthetic organic chemistry.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.