Scientific Program Analyst (Epidemiology) - NIH – Rockville, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Scientific Program Analyst, with experience in Epidemiology and/or Biostatistics, to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of epidemiologic research projects relevant to medical radiation exposure and cancer.
- Analyze data and interpret results from observational studies (descriptive, case-control, and/or cohort).
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and written reports.
- Interact with all levels of staff and communicate with outside collaborators in the US and abroad.
- Prepare materials and communications for study IRB approvals.
- Schedule and participate in meetings and conference calls and prepare meeting minutes.
- Communicate with collaborators to track and review scientific protocols and manuscripts and track program activities.
- Assist in the development of data collection instruments, including surveys.
- Conduct literature searches using publicly available resources, such as PubMED, review and summarize information collected, and use EndNote for bibliography management.
- Assist with technical writing, including scientific articles for journal submission, research protocols, professional services agreements, and statements of work.
- Stay abreast of relevant science, current research, and relevant regulatory and policy-related issues.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant research experience.
- Excellent scientific writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking, analytic, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, meet deadlines, perform and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Experience with statistical analysis of observational study data.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), EndNote, and statistical software programs (SAS, Stata, Epicure, SEER*Stat, or related program).
- Preferred, but not required: experience with research protocol design/writing, a record of peer-reviewed publications.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.