Sample Technician- Dayton, NJ 08810
The Sample Login Technician’s primary responsibility is to enter sample IDs in a complete and accurate manner.
The Sample Login Technician’s will also receive and document samples accurately and check integrity of all aspects of sample receipt.
The Sample Login Technician will assign and relocate samples to specific shelf locations in the appropriate cold storage (walk-in refrigerators) or ambient locations by analysis and department. Computer generated bottle records with volumes, workgroups, preservatives and locations are created, including bar code identifiers.
The Sample Login Technician is also responsible for removing historical samples from completed jobs and assigning the samples for disposal.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive sample coolers and containers and document the receipt
- Some sample containers of various sizes (250ml, 500ml, 1000ml, etc.) will be required to be opened and checked for adequate preservation. Note: Preservation check is for aqueous samples only. No solvents, liquids, or malodorous samples are tested in this fashion.
- Create bottle records, generate bottle labels, and label samples.
- Transfer samples to and from cold or ambient storage areas.
- Maintain all required documentation with accuracy and clarity.
- Provide communications regarding sample information to laboratory departments.
- Communicate with clients regarding requests.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree in a science field.
Laboratory experience preferred but not required
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.