Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator to work at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Coordinate clinical admissions for research protocols; including contact with families/patients, initial discussions of the clinical protocol with patient/family/guardian, arranging travel, scheduling and coordinating subspecialty appointments, coordinating admissions/data collection/clinical and research samples.
- Coordinate with patient/parent for release of pertinent medical records to the protocol team at NICHD.
- Interact with patients, parents, families, nursing staff, physician staff, social worker staff, clerical staff, laboratory staff, and other clinical center professionals.
- Serve as an associate investigator on protocols; obtain informed consent from patient/parent/legal guardian.
- Coordinate and maintain research records in accordance with NIH guidelines.
- Review patient care orders in CRIS for accuracy; contact the appropriate clinical fellow for any problems identified; review laboratory and clinical test results; report results to the attending physicians.
- Maintain current knowledge of the clinical research process, the importance of adherence to protocols, and the accuracy needed in collection and documentation of research data.
- Address the stresses associated with the provision of care to complex patients who participate in research protocols.
- Attend and participate in relevant clinical rounds.
- Provide continuity of care to patients enrolled on assigned protocols; serve as a resource to patients and families enrolled in research protocols and facilitate communication with referring physician/health care provider.
- Communicate with the IRB annual reviews of the protocol and assist the principal investigator on all matters that relate to communications with the IRB and the Office of the Clinical Director
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or a related health discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of the clinical research process, the importance of adherence to protocols, and the accuracy needed in the collection and documentation of research data.
- Ability to perform computer-based work on a routine basis.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with advanced interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Please visit www.kellycareernetwork.com to apply for this position. Due to the volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Please also note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.