Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Public Health Communications Specialist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Initiate, develop, and implement dynamic, proactive health education programs appropriate for intended audiences across a range of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders.
- Engage multiple groups on national levels and leverage the health education resources of local, and national sources including audience-specific advocacy and public interest groups.
- Design and build public health programs that are audience-centric, research-based, and frequently evaluated for effectiveness.
- Build, foster, and maintain collaborative partnerships to strengthen the resources available for extending the reach of NHLBI health awareness and education programs and broad-based education initiatives to improve public health.
- Coordinate and support public health education and communication efforts of professional, voluntary, media, and local community organizations, and Federal and State agencies.
- Utilize scientific knowledge to respond to the health information needs of multiple “publics,” including, but not limited to, health care professionals, patients and their families, and the public through the provision of accessible, accurate, relevant and timely health information and interventions.
- Utilize state-of-the-art techniques to determine consumer health information needs and preferred formats that will motivate the target audiences and influence the desired behavioral changes.
- Manage the development and implementation of partnership models established to support NHLBI programs and activities.
- Liaise with NHLBI partners to foster collaborative working relationships, resolve problems or issues, and sustain long-term working relationships.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific issues and research findings relevant to the NHLBI’s mission and consult with Institute scientists to develop effective public health information materials and research dissemination interventions.
- Effectively apply health communications, public health, and health behavior theories and high-level writing skills to develop health information, educational, promotional materials, and key messaging for public health programs and outreach.
- Provide technical oversight to the NHLBI OSPEEC and contract staff in the development of health education and information materials for patients and their families, health professionals, and the general public that reflect accurate translation of NHLBI research and medical advances.
- Utilize traditional and social media platforms to disseminate health information to target audiences.
- Develop educational materials and resources utilizing health literacy, plain language, and cultural competency principles.
- Conduct formal and informal analyses and evaluations on the success and impact of collaborative partnership building and write reports for OSPEEC senior management.
- Conduct formative research to inform the development of national health communication and public health awareness/education programs.
- Design and implement technically sound analytic and evaluation plans to evaluate progress and impact of national health communication and public health awareness/education efforts.
- Apply critical thinking skills to effectively contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of long- and short-term strategic plans for the Health Education and Digital Information Dissemination Branch and NHLBI OSPEEC.
- Coordinate across teams and branches within OSPEEC and NHBLI to ensure seamless collaboration on activities and projects.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in a public health or health communication related field. Master’s Degree plus three (3) years of specialized experience is equivalent to a Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in related field.
- Knowledge of organization development methodologies.
- Previous experience with health promotion, communications, outreach, education, or public policy.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and tactical ability, combined with expert relationship management skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or in a team setting.
- Knowledge of health promotion, communication, engagement strategies to evaluate communication effectiveness and make recommendations or resolve matters independently.
- Knowledge of written communication principles, techniques, and methods to develop informational and educational public health information and strategic communication plans; write and/or edit reports, fact sheets, and articles for publication; and prepare responses to individual or groups.
- Knowledge of oral communication principles, techniques, and methods to orally respond to inquiries and present information to a variety of groups or representatives with varying levels of understanding and interest.
- Knowledge of sources of information and research methods to research information for use in preparing materials for varied audiences.
- Knowledge of data gathering methods and analytical and evaluation techniques to draw valid conclusions.
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships and collaborations with organizations to maximize impact and reach.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.