Kelly Services is actively seeking a Value Advantage Product Development Engineer for Nissan’s Franklin, TN location. (North American HQ)
This is an indefinite contract opportunity to join a great team!
Value Advantage Product Development Engineer
- Job Knowledge and Skill:
Basic technical understanding of automotive design and development processes, production, troubleshooting and maintenance.
Two or more years of directly related professional-level Engineering experience.
- Supervisory Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related Engineering discipline.
- Computer Skills:
Advanced knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to create specialized applications or products of a highly technical nature
Performs the technical development/engineering of products for after-warranty service applications (with assistance/support from a Senior Engineer or Manager). Supports market research and business case analysis to determine which products to add/include in the product line.
Provides technical assistance to other engineers/departments. Analyzes and identifies engineering issues and part quality incidents, and seeks engineering countermeasures. Communicates product issues to management for countermeasure development.
Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
Describe the principle, core primary tasks that a person in this position performs daily
- Develops product specifications to ensure compatibility with Original Equipment parts specifications, materials, and construction. Issues product specification documents to suppliers.
- Works with suppliers, OEM Product Engineers, Global After-Sales department (NML), Product Quality Engineers, and references Nissan Design Standards, in order to define part performance, quality, and testing/validation requirements.
- Supports the supplier sourcing process by providing technical capability assessments, manufacturing facility audits, etc. as required.
- Conducts CAD/Drawing design studies, and part application studies, using appropriate IT systems (i.e. G2B, TCE, FAST, etc.).
- Utilizes Project Management skills/tools to control the product development schedule and ensure development is completed on time, and within quality & cost targets, to meet program objectives. Identifies any issues and reports to management in a timely manner, proposes countermeasures.
- Maintains tracking system to monitor the countermeasure development progress. Issues follow-up reports, conducts meetings and communicates with responsible parties to ensure countermeasure are being developed and are progressing on target.
- Supports the Sales & Marketing team in the development of product marketing materials.
- Investigates field incidents by analyzing available data, conducting surveys, collecting dealer information, collecting and testing incident parts; prepares related reports.
- Monitors all data for potential safety, regulatory, or emissions related issues, elevates issues to management and supports any investigation requests from management.
- As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must apply now to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position by email.Important information:
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.