Job Title: Controls Engineer / Maintenance Engineer at Nissan
Company: Kelly Services
Maintenance Engineer at Nissan North America
LONG TERM CONTRACT POSITION - SEVERAL YEARS LONG
- Provides engineering support to manufacturing, production control and facility operations by designing and installing communication, control, quality, monitoring and mechanical systems.
- Provides system modifications as required to support vehicle model changes in assigned areas.
- Assists with budget development for new models through research and cost estimating.
- Develops process control charts for new models, and ensures current production processes maintain efficiency and high quality while realizing a reduction in cost.
- Provides engineering support by the design and installation of new and modified process equipment as well as maintenance for existing process equipment.
- Communicates with suppliers to ensure Nissan s goals of quality, cost and delivery are met.
- Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
- Supports manufacturing, production control, and facility operations by specifying, designing, installing and supporting communication, control, quality and monitoring systems; maintains and updates documentation of new and existing systems; provides system problem solving to ensure continuous reliability and up-time improvement, accuracy and ease of use enhancements, and analysis of trends and symptoms.
- Specifies, designs, and installs new process equipment; facilitates modification and maintenance of existing process equipment; implements and maintains preventative maintenance program; updates and maintains electrical schematics and mechanical drawings for new and modified process equipment; creates specifications, sets-up, and monitors all spare parts for new and modified process equipment.
- Communicates with suppliers to ensure Nissans goals of quality, cost, and delivery are met; coordinates with suppliers to discover new technologies for better ways to implement manufacturing methods and produce quality products; request and analyze quotes from suppliers for new and existing projects and design changes.
- Assists with new project development, and resource and budget planning within assigned areas; facilitates project folder preparation, project management, and model and capacity studies with budget development.
- Trains and supports contract staff in assigned areas; provides emergency engineering response to daily manufacturing support problems; provides system maintenance and management support by monitoring system performance conducting operating system tuning and system troubleshooting. Provides emergency engineering response to daily manufacturing support problems; provides equipment maintenance and management support by monitoring equipment performance, and conducting production equipment tuning and troubleshooting.
Minimum Qualifications Job Knowledge and Skill:
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of NES, TOSHA, OSHA, NEC, ANSI robot safety guidelines, ISO14000, and ISO9000.
- Experience in PLC a PLUS
- As required by job assignment, knowledge of computer programming languages, welding, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC, machine and tooling processes, and packaging design.
- Ability to develop conceptual level designs and cost estimates for future model studies.
- 3 years of related experience at a professional level.
- Education: A four year degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, or Engineering Technology required.
- Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.