Scientist - Flowcell Development, San Diego, CA
Job Purpose: We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist to support development of our consumables surface chemistry. The candidate will work closely with the consumables, biochemistry, systems integration, fluidics, and production teams to develop best-in-class DNA sequencing technology.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop processes for rapid and robust immobilization of DNA on a variety of surfaces and develop supporting coatings and surface chemistries.
- Support development of characterization strategies to determine quality of DNA immobilization and surface coatings.
- Maintain strong lines of communication with biochemistry and engineering teams.
- Manage vendors and/or contract firms.
- Manage projects and provide guidance and mentorship to RAs and technicians.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Physical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Bio-Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years industry experience with surface-mediated biochemistry, immobilization of DNA and/or proteins.
- Deep expertise in multiple of the following areas: bio-conjugation and functionalization, 2D and 3D coatings, and passivation strategies.
- Experience with characterizing functionalized surfaces, biochemical assays, and molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with methods of DNA amplification and/or sequencing is a strong plus.
- Experience with industrial product / process development and commercialization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated Self-Starter and Team Player. Thrives working in a highly interdisciplinary and collaborative environment. Easily works independently as well as integrated into (or leading) a project team.
APPLY TODAY! Questions? Email Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly complies with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative. A conviction record does not automatically bar individuals from employment.