BH - 1599016
*** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON A W/2 HOURLY BASIS *** NO C2C *** MUST WORK ONSITE ***
Nissan is expanding and currently seeks a
HMI UX Software Developer
Human Machine Interface – User Experience Engineer
For a 3- 6 month CONTRACT-to-HIRE position!!
Leverage your ANDROID APP and PROTOTYPING experience
to help take your career at NISSAN to
the "Next Level" for 2019 and beyond!
Nissan is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill an opening for a Human Factors HMI-UX (Human Machine Interface – User Experience Engineer at our Farmington Hills, MI location.
The HMI-UX Engineer will work with a variety of functions within the region and globally (Vehicle Competitiveness, Product Planning, Vehicle Connected Services and IT/Electrical design teams) to provide feedback and set direction for system requirements for current and future Nissan In-Vehicle-Infotainment (IVI) and telematics systems. HMI-UX Engineer will be responsible to provide detailed benchmark information, build or direct the build of prototype display systems, execute customer clinics and user studies, help establish target criteria, direction for screen layouts, and conduct physical validation testing of the system’s target achievement.
- Benchmarking of competitive IVI and connected car systems in addition to consumer electronics to provide market trend analysis of customer expectations.
- Identify key performance attributes and feature requirements to be adopted to Nissan products to maximize the HMI/GUI ease of use.
- Develop software for functional prototypes for both in-vehicle and mobile applications including wireframe, screen-flow, animation, and response duration and type (visual, audible, haptic).
- Customer clinic and user study execution: Design tasks, questions, and prototype requirements; Recruit and schedule sites and participants; Interpret data and provide actionable recommendations based on the results.
- Analyze 3rd-party customer survey data to support system requirements and predictions of future system performance.
- Plan and support testing (physical and software-based), validation, and verification of IVI and Telematics systems, ensuring high quality, on-time delivery, and overall system qualification.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (preferred), Human Factors Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Industrial.
- Self-motivated and effective communicator with a strong interest in emerging technologies and the ability to create and deliver presentations to push new ideas through the company.
- Ability to travel to Japan up to 2-3 times per year and to regional sites (AZ, TN, Canada, Mexico) 4-5 times per year.
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents as future sponsorships are not available.
- Experience in coding, software prototyping, and app development with knowledge of Unity, Android Studio, Adobe XD, and Axure RP.
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods.
- Possible relocation assistance.
- There is no relocation budgeted for this position. If this position requires you to relocate you will be responsible for those costs.
- There is no per Diem with this position
- Sponsorships or VISA transfers are not available with this position.
By partnering with Kelly® IT, you’ll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We’re here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.