Kelly Services is actively seeking an Software Developer for Nissan at their Smyrna, TN location.
This is a long term indefinite contract opportunity to join a great team!
Systems Engineering (SE) is a manufacturing IS\IT team. This role consists of Mobile website development for the Manufacturing Customers and SE team at various plant sites. The SE team is responsible for design, creation, integration, maintenance and support of various plant-wide production control systems and related manufacturing support systems.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be able to work under limited supervision while carrying out planned guidelines from engineering leads.
This is a regional position, which requires working with other managers and sections in the Decherd, TN and Canton, MS locations even though this position is based in Smyrna, TN. Less than 10% domestic travel can be expected to support the regional responsibilities.
With a focus on mobility, operational excellence, value to our customers, and being part of the vehicle manufacturing team, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies innovation in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
**Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**
Skills and Abilities
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of .Net programming concepts.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team providing technical solutions.
- Ability to read and write, analyze and interpret daily logs, tech tips and procedure manuals.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from customers, vendors, co-workers, supervisors and management.
- Ability to manage and resolve incidents as they occur by working with multiple third party vendors to ensure maintenance and support is carried out effectively among all parties.
- Coordinate deployment and configuration tasks with customers, vendors, co-workers and supervision.
- Monitor website health using available systems, software, and tools.
- Troubleshoot website and database bugs or performance issues.
- Provide production support after system modifications or installations.
- Make recommendations for improved website reliability based on experience and findings.
- Create / maintain project and website documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology or similar degree preferred.
- Associates degree with 3+ years’ experience considered.
- Preferred 3-5 Years overall IS/IT experience in a medium to large manufacturing environment.
- 1-3 years’ work experience programming with:
- C# and ASP.Net
- MVC Pattern using ASP.Net MVC frameworks
- Entity Framework/LINQ
- SQL Server and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Mobile development, Telerik and KendoUI controls suite preferred
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) or Agile based methodologies.
- A strong understanding of object-oriented development principles
- Experience with front-end user interface development and responsive design
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing and walking on a concrete surface for extended periods
- Sitting at a desk or console for extended periods
- Kneeling periodically on concrete or padded surface
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. to waist height (request assistance as needed)
- General Office demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Industrial Manufacturing Facility – all levels.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire.
As the local offices of Kelly Services do not represent the above position, please apply on-line for immediate consideration. For questions regarding this position, please email me at email@example.com
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.