Automotive Audio / Navigation Systems Design Engineer
From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
We are currently looking for an Audio / Navigation Systems Design Engineer at the Nissan Technical Center in Farmington Hills, MI.
The Audio / Navigation Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of Nissan Audio / IT / Navigation systems and related components to meet vehicle program specifications, deliverables and timing while maintaining Nissan Safe Launch release processes. The engineer will also handle
- Complete and support quality investigations and develop appropriate countermeasures to reduce warranty issues.
- Develop and execute cost reduction ideas to reduce or improve value for Audio / IT / Navigation components.
- Applying basic automotive knowledge of Audio / IT / Navigation technologies for design, application and release of Nissan Audio / IT / Navigation system and components for multiple vehicle programs.
- Support system software, communication and configuration development for Nissan Audio / IT / Navigation electronics.
- Managing and completing vehicle layout reviews of the Audio / IT / Navigation systems and related components within the Nissan CAD system
- BSME or BSEE is REQUIRED
- 1 to 3 years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of using NX CAD to lay out Audio / IT / Navigation components in a vehicle is preferred
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal R&D teams, suppliers, manufacturing and other Nissan affiliates
- Strong computer aptitude and ability to generate material related to the job using Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle development process/timing and program management skills to support Audio / IT / Navigation system and component application, design and release activities.
- Critically think/problem solve to support effective decision making.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents as future sponsorships are not available
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
All of us at Nissan regardless of functional area or expertise share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.