Kelly Services’ Outsourcing & Consulting Group (OCG) is seeking an Oncology Associate Medical Director/Medical Director to support Non-small Cell Lung Cancer studies. The Medical Director will lead and drive strategy for the overall regional (US/EU) clinical development taking into consideration the medical, scientific, regulatory and commercial issues for assigned pipeline compound(s). Position can be remote-based however candidates need to reside near Cambridge, MA; 100% on-site is highly preferred. This position is budgeted for one year with potential to extend, or possibly convert to perm, and offers benefits.
Clinical Development team participation and leadership
• Represents Clinical Science on global Development Teams and will serve as medical science leader of this team.
• Supports the delivery of the study to ensure the progress of the Global Development Team (US, EU, Japan) to ensure that the global Development Team activities are aligned with the global drug development strategy.
• May act as Global Development Team (US, EU, Japan) Leader managing both the GLOBAL Development Team and the Japan Development Team for an early or a smaller scope product.
• Responsible for providing support to the GCL (Global Clinical Lead) for global development plan.
• Recommends scope, complexity and size, and influence the budget of all aspects of a program.
• Ongoing work output will involve continual critical evaluation of the development strategy to maintain a state-of-the-art development plan that is competitive and consistent with the latest regulatory requirements, proactive identification of challenges, and development of contingency plans to meet them.
• Recommends high impact global decisions.
• Responsible for monitoring and interpreting data from ongoing internal and external studies, assessing the medical and scientific implications and making recommendations that impact regional and global development such as “go/no go” decisions or modification of development plans or study designs that may have a significant impact on timelines or product labeling. A significant error in judgment may result in loss of approvability and/or commercial viability of a product.
Synopsis / Protocol Development, Study Execution, & Study Interpretation
• Oversees all Clinical Science activities relating to the preparation / approval of Synopses, Protocols and the conduct of clinical studies.
• Serves as an advisor to CRO and other cross-function team member involved in these activities and be accountable for the successful design and interpretation of clinical studies independently.
• Presents study conclusions to Management and determines how individual study results impact the overall compound strategy.
• Interprets data from an overall scientific standpoint as well as within the context of the medical significance to individual patients independently.
Trial Medical Monitoring
• Responsible for overseeing medical monitoring activities, assessing issues related to protocol conduct and/or individual subject safety independently.
• Assesses overall safety information for studies and compound in conjunction with Pharmacovigilance.
• Accountable on final decisions regarding study conduct related to scientific integrity with the support of GCL
• Directs interactions with key opinion leaders relevant to assigned compounds and therapeutic area.
• Provides leadership in meetings and negotiations with key opinion leaders, establishment of strategy for assigned compounds, and the direction of clinical scientists involved in developing documents required to outline the Company positions on research programs or regulatory applications (e.g. briefing reports), materials used for meeting presentations, and formal responses to communications received from the regulatory organizations or opinion leaders independently.
• Leads incorporation of advice / recommendations received into the design of clinical studies and programs as appropriate.
Due Diligence, Business Development and Alliance Projects
• Responsible for evaluation of potential business development opportunities and conduct of due diligence evaluations assessing scientific, medical and development feasibility, evaluating complete or ongoing clinical trials, and regulatory interactions and future development plans.
• Contributes to the development and negotiation of clinical development plans for potential alliances and or in-licensing opportunities, interacts with upper management of potential partner/acquisition companies during DD visits and alliance negotiations and represents clinical science on internal assessment teams in conjunction with global counterparts. For ongoing alliance projects, will interface with partner to achieve strategic goals while striving to maintain good working relationship between Customer and partner.
Leadership, Task Force Participation, Upper Management Accountability
• Interacts with research division based on pertinent clinical and development expertise and with NA/EU to provide knowledge / understanding of market environment in line with status as scientific content matter expert for assigned compounds.
• Represents clinical science and leads internal task forces and internal teams as well as global cross-functional teams as appropriate.
• MD or internationally recognized equivalent
• 3+ years of clinical research experience within the pharmaceutical industry, CRO health-related consulting company, or biomedical/clinical experience within academia (or a combination of afore mentioned).
• Medical monitoring experience is a must.
• Protocol review/development and study design experience required.
• Medical practice or late phase clinical research in immunology and regulatory interaction/submission experience is required.
• Previous experience successfully leading matrix teams which does not have line function reporting, managing CRO and regulatory interaction preferred.
• Superior communication, strategic, interpersonal and negotiating skills
• Ability to drive decision-making within a multi-disciplinary, multi-regional, matrix teams
• Diplomacy and positive influencing abilities
• Clinical and translational knowledge relevant to oncology
• Knowledge of clinical study design (including statistical interpretation) and reporting
• Global regulatory requirements
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
If you meet the qualifications above and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!
This position comes with enhanced benefits which include:
• 50/50 shared healthcare cost (Kelly pays 50% of the monthly premium, employee pays 50%) *
• Paid sick days and vacation days*
Perks of being a Kelly employee:
• Weekly electronic pay
• Access to more than 3,000 online training courses though Kelly Learning center
• Online application system
• Never an applicant fee
*benefits to be received upon meeting eligibility requirements
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.