Cell-culture Technician - NIH – Rockville, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Cell-culture Technician to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Conduct all aspects of mammalian cell culture and stem cell culture, including media, reagent, buffer ordering and preparation, cell culture and propagation, and cryopreservation of cells.
- Learn and implement induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) differentiation into a variety of cell types, including neuronal cells, cardiomyocytes, hepatocytes, and additional types based on project need.
- Culture and maintain iPSC-derived organoids.
- Prepare cells and organoids to meet the demands of multiple concurrent projects.
- Perform basic laboratory experiments, including cell viability assessment, mycoplasma testing, performing assays, and simple cell imaging experiments as well as performing relevant data analysis.
- Maintain and update accurate and reliable record keeping for batch records, notebooks and documents.
- Perform general laboratory tasks, including maintenance of equipment.
- Learn and adapt new technologies and methods into cell and organoids culture work.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and adhere to all safety and NIH policies.
- Prepare and present results of cell culture to TDB group members.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master’s degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Neuroscience or a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in cell culture, sterile operation and imaging experiments.
- Experience in iPSCs and iPSC differentiation.
- Experience using basic laboratory equipment and carrying out routine laboratory tasks.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory procedures.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.