Kelly Services is actively seeking a New Model Parts Quality Engineer for Nissan at their Smyrna, TN location.
This is a long term indefinite contract opportunity to join a great team!
- Provides engineering support for the development, production, and quality of new manufactured vehicles within assigned area at NNA manufacturing plants. Communicates with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and other Nissan affiliates to propose and implement countermeasures for quality, manufacturing, and field concerns within assigned area. Assists manufacturing plants and suppliers in identifying cost saving methods while improving quality.
- Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
- Communicates with suppliers to ensure assigned parts meet Nissan quality standards and all New Model Launch expectations. Reviews supplier processes and systems and offers improvement suggestions. Works with suppliers to ensure assigned parts achieve dimensional, functional, and capability requirements. Eliminate repetitive quality concerns and establish permanent countermeasures. Rates suppliers based on response to quality issues.
- Manage assigned suppliers to the ANPQP New Model Launch requirements, to include PSW/PPAP objectives, quality document review/approval, process/system audits, capability study analysis, gauge review/approval/Measurement System Analysis, DV/PV test results, appearance requirements, and overall quality.
- Support New Model Launches for assigned parts/suppliers during new model development trials in Japan and U.S. Attends production trials to review part influence for potential customer and manufacturing concerns, and coordinates with Process and Design Engineering and our Manufacturing teams to resolve trial concerns. Participates in plant trials for new and current models to develop and improve supplied parts or confirm new/improved supplier processes.
- Develop strong working relationships with our internal plant customers based on competency, integrity, and a conscientious work-ethic that communicates a sincere desire to solve problems with them and for them starting with the trial builds in Japan, to Production Trials at the Nissan plants, and into SOP + 90.
- Analyzes various quality, vehicle audit (VES), and warranty reports to investigate production and customer satisfaction concerns. Use various Problem Solving tools to determine root cause of issues and assists in developing solutions. Ensures countermeasures are successfully adopted and are effective.
- Works with suppliers to ensure required or recommended design changes do not have a negative impact on quality or manufacturing process. Communicates any concerns attributable to part quality and/or design and recommend changes to Design Engineering personnel to improve part function and fit. Recommend design changes which would lower cost and aid in manufacturing of parts for new and existing models. Implements design notes including functional approvals, new part approval, and final authorization for initiating shipping.
- Assists in trouble-shooting quality concerns and supplier equipment or tooling problems in assigned area. Recommends equipment and/or tooling modifications as required. Monitors supplier capability data and recommend corrective action and implement changes to associated processes as required.
- As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
- Basic knowledge of assigned parts/suppliers and associated processes and equipment. Excellent verbal, written communication, and problem solving skills. Working knowledge of quality control assessment such as statistical process control. Ability to understand part, sub-assembly and system dimensional requirements, and measurement results.
- Five to ten years of related experience including new model launch experience at a professional level.
- A four-year degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or Engineering Technology.
- Thorough computer knowledge such as word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to resolve complex problems in day-to-day situations.
- International/Japan travel during early New Model Launch trial phase. Occasional day or overnight travel.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Put yourself in the driver’s seat and apply today.
As the local offices of Kelly Services do not represent the above position, please apply on-line for immediate consideration. For questions regarding this position, please email me at email@example.com
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.