Laboratory Technician - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Laboratory Technician to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Perform general lab duties such as, culturing, testing, and freezing down cells, and tracking of cell lines and DNA repositories within the lab.
- Order lab-related items (biological, chemical, office, consumable, etc.), take stock of these items in the lab and insuring they are ordered when required.
- Ensure organization and cleanliness within the laboratory areas, and timely removal of lab-generated recycling and waste.
- Receive shipped items which have been ordered and store them away properly.
- Package and ship biological materials to intra-and-extramural investigators.
- Assist with responding to issues with the lab as detailed by investigators and insuring timely resolution.
- Assist with placing continued service contracts for instruments within the lab, and working with approved vendors to insure continued operation of laboratory equipment.
- Ensure fidelity of data of past investigators by spinning up hard drives consistently.
- Assist with other lab duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- Demonstrates experience in performing biological research.
- Demonstrates knowledge in managing and disposing of hazardous waste.
- Experience working around animals, especially mice.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.