Molecular Biologist Crop Genetics - Research Triangle Park, NC
5 month assignment
Interview type: In-Person Only
Pay rate: Up to $26.00/hour
Position purpose: Candidate will assist protein analytics
Major tasks and responsibilities: 1) generate and purify recombinant proteins from bacteria culture; 2) conduct Western Blotting and analyze the results; 3) perform PCR to analyze gene expression; and 4) other molecular biology related tasks as needed
• BS with minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a high throughput or research laboratory
• Good working knowledge of and experience in the field of molecular biology
• Creative and flexible thinking while maintaining attention to organizational detail
• Proficient verbal, written, and presentation skills. Proficient in MS Office Applications.
• Experience using and troubleshooting liquid handling instruments for processing of 96/384 well sample plates and/or creating next generation sequencing libraries will be a differentiating capability
Major Tasks and responsibilities
• Work within a group of laboratory scientist that perform: DNA sample quantitation, 96 well plate-based enzymatic steps for DNA sequencing library production, and other sample and reagent preparation steps using various liquid handling instruments
• Record and summarize sample preparation steps in a laboratory notebook
• Work well with others, contribute to team synergy
• Ensure compliance to Safety and Stewardship programs
The Main Objective of this Function
Sample processing for production of sequence-based genotyping data for all cotton and soybean molecular breeding projects
• Reports to the Crop Genetics Team Leader
• Works with members of the Crop Genetics Team, Crop Analytics Lab
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must submit your resumes. Thank you for your interest in the assignment.
Also, feel free to follow up via email to RACS113@KELLYSERVICES.COM
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.