Research Associate - Battery Material
A successful candidate will be responsible for investigating new materials for next generation battery technology including solid electrolyte and high energy cathode. Main tasks include fundamental research towards development of new materials, cell design, performance and durability. The candidate will also utilize computational approach to understand the material and property relationship for automotive application and participate in research conducted in collaboration with external partners. This research will be fast paced with high visibility and potential of commercialization for the successfully developed technology.
- Synthesize and characterize new materials
- Test electrochemical properties of coin or pouch cells
- Analyze computations to aid studies on new and improved lithium battery materials
- Propose and execute novel research projects
- Review literature and identify state-of-the art technologies
- Attend technical conferences and summarize technical highlights
- Provide ideas, suggestions and guidance to colleagues
- Operate analytical equipment for material characterization
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Computational Physics and related fields
- At least 2 year of hands-on research experience in testing battery
- Proficiency in battery modeling, computer programming, and numerical methods for computational solutions of system under study
- Strong communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work in team environment
- Ability to multitask by handling different assignments
- Ability to meet the given milestones/deliverable in scheduled time
Additional Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of solid electrolyte (ASSB, Solid-State)
- Experience in large battery cells or its relevant process technology
- Strong publication record will be plus
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
All of us at Nissan regardless of functional area or expertise share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles.
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.