Chemistry Lab Technician, Chicago, IL
Are you looking for a Chemistry lab located in the city of Chicago? Are you flexible with your work schedule? Apply now to this excellent job opportunity with a great team of people!
Kelly Scientific Resources has a Temp-to-Potential-Hire opportunity for a Chemistry Lab Technician in Skokie, IL.
Chemistry Lab Technician Duties:
- Perform metals analysis in a chemistry laboratory on brass and metal alloy samples to recover precious metals
- Receive training to operate analytical instruments such as ICP for analysis
- Responsible for day to day sample prep and data entry of testing results
- Responsible for maintenance of lab instruments
Chemistry Lab Technician Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science degree and basic chemistry lab skills (from academic coursework or work experience)
- Familiarity with chemistry laboratory environment
- Documentation/computer skills
- Team work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Position will most likely turn permanent after the new year
- Pay rate of $15-$16 to start, with a huge increase to $50K salary when converted to permanent employment!
- Work schedule is flexible, most likely 12pm-8pm Mon-Fri, and often includes Saturdays, must be available
- Training is provided, some training is during night shift with the Sr Chemist for a couple of weeks
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.