Foster City, CA
Pay Rate 34.87
6 month contract role
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented candidate to perform these key responsibilities:
- Check in compounds synthesized and submitted by Chemistry – weighing out powder and solid material to prepare solutions of standardized concentrations
- Follow work and safety protocols for working with potent compounds; including wearing proper personal protective equipment
- Perform HPLC quality assurance on accepted samples
- Under general supervision, performs experiments that support research activities in the Biology job family.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling experiments consistent with the timeline and objectives of an ongoing Research Project.
- Project lifetimes are greater than 3 months.
- Operates scientific equipment, selects appropriate methods and techniques to perform experiments, analyzes data, and prepares related reports.
- Plans and organizes details of experiments.
- Uses data, reports and previous results to identify inappropriate variances and concerns.
- Participates in group meetings.
- Presents data or prepares data for others to present.
- Works with immediate supervisor on problems of moderate complexity.
- Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- BS/BA Chemistry or Biology or similar
- Adaptability and ability to work as a team member
- Experience with weigh stations & balance enclosures, HPLC, liquid handlers, is strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently and with attention to detail is important
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly complies with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative. A conviction record does not automatically bar individuals from employment.