Quality Control Technician
NE Portland, OR
Temp-to-Hire (Day Shift)
Kelly Scientific is hiring a QC Technician for a food manufacturing company in NE PDX. This is a full-time day shift role for a new and growing quality team!
The QC Tech will be responsible for monitoring production processes for meats processed in a facility processing both USDA and FDA products. QC Tech will work to ensure all appropriate governmental regulations are met. This is a full-time position
- Perform regular food safety checks, such as temperature, metal detection, etc.
- Collect production samples for evaluation
- Monitors production environment for adherence to food safety policies
- Perform regular line checks of all production areas
- Evaluate finished product utilizing 3M Molecular Detection System, and 3M Petrifilm Plates
- Report test results promptly and accurately to ensure product control and release
- Enter test results into QC trending spreadsheets
- Ensure proper notification to all necessary parties of any deviations related to quality or food safety.
- Neatly and accurately fill out and maintain a variety of QC paperwork
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Aptitude to understand and carry out instructions in written and oral form.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate work with co-workers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment.
- Requires the ability to stand and walk.
- Ability to work weekends and required OT
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Physical requirements of the role will require standing and walking 8-10 hour shifts, in additional to bending, stooping, and lifting up to 50lbs on occasion. Candidates must feel comfortable working in a production environment that can range in temperatures (30-40 degrees). Candidates must also feel comfortable working around meat products including beef and chicken.
Shift: 5/6AM- 3/4PM
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.