Note: This is a full-time, direct-hire,No C2C, 3rd party or H-1B at this time. This position is ONSITE in Romulus, MI (48174). We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are not able to sponsor at this time. Pay up to 88k.
The Plastic Injection Tooling Engineering Manager will assist in the design and development of prototype tooling. Evaluate vendor capabilities and assist in vendor selection. Provide technical support to Engineering, Manufacturing and other operating departments needing assistance. Follow build, tryout, and approval of production tooling in a timely manner. To support both Company facilities and tooling vendors to produce quality injection molds and maintain tooling capability to support production.
- Review product design for tool construction.
- Supply Project Management with tooling requirements and quotes for customer approval.
- Obtain quotes for new tooling, revisions, and repairs.
- Set up and maintain a completion and progress chart to meet Company build dates.
- Travel to tooling vendors for on site follow-up and tool tryouts.
- Supervise start up of tooling at the Company or vendor shop.
- Follow up tools through approval and final tool payment.
- Oversee Engineering changes and major tool repairs both in house and at outside tool shops.
- Make recommendations on capital equipment purchases.
- Stay current with state of the art tooling and processes.
- Participate in Mini-Improvements and training activities as required.
- Hold tool meetings. Inform manufacturing of status of equipment, discuss tooling and equipment problems and present an open channel of communication.
The above is intended to describe the general content of the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Engineering Degree plus three years experience or Associate’s Degree plus eight years experience as a Journeyman mold maker with five years experience in similar work fields. Good communication and cooperation skills with all levels of manufacturing and management. Good general capabilities in JIT, Thermoset and Thermoplastics. B.S. in Engineering or technical area with 5 to 7 years experience in tool or mold processing environment.
Travel & overtime may be required. Increased occasions of the aforementioned expected during launch.
If interested directly email resumes to email@example.com
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.