Sr. Formulation Scientist – Torrance, CA
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Development of optical sensors for chemical warfare agents and toxic industrial chemicals by means of optical sensor claddings.
- Knowledge of polymer claddings and designing optical sensors for chemicals in vapor and aqueous phases is a must.
- Knowledge of paper fabrication and integrating colorimetric dyes is preferred.
- Good understanding of gas delivery systems, sampling, and testing is critical to conduct the required work.
- Hands on experimental design, development and optimization with guidance as appropriate.
- Understands theory, principles and practice of optical sensors development.
- Responsible for research and development in optimization of chemical sensors in meeting customer’s needs and target specifications.
- Contributes to the development of new experimental approaches.
- Experience in grant proposal writing with entrepreneurial spirits towards building their own line of research and group a plus, not required.
- Bachelors degree with 5 years’ experience with sensor development and colorimetric dyes
- Hands-on chemical sensor development, optimization, customization, and production
- Using colorimetric and fluorescence-based technique for sensor developments.
- Hand-on experience with gas delivery systems
- Polymer cladding and functionalization
- Paper fabrication process and impregnation with colorimetric dyes
- Attention to details, identify and trouble-shoot technical problems
- Technical writing skills for reports, presentations, and grant proposals
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proven ability to accomplish technical tasks both independently and as a member of a research team
- Experience in screening strategies for the selection of indicators for chemical detection
- Experience in sensor testing and characterization
- Experience in gas delivery techniques used to test and characterize sensor substrates
- Specific experience in grant technical proposal writing is required
For immediate consideration, apply today! Questions? Call Toni at 714.454.8252 OR email at email@example.com
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly complies with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative. A conviction record does not automatically bar individuals from employment.