Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Statistician to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Write study protocols for investigator-initiated studies.
- Perform data management including data transfer between software, dataset creation (including merging and/or concatenation), data cleaning (identifying and correcting data entry errors and/or missing values), and data transformation (create and categorize variables and input data.
- Perform data analysis including cross-tabulation, descriptive analysis using standard statistical procedures, and model building (logistic regression, conditional logistic regression) using SAS or R.
- Prepare charts, tables, and graphs, using software such as PowerPoint, Excel, SAS, or R that can be used for manuscripts, scientific monographs, book chapters and professional presentations (including poster and oral presentations).
- Research and review literature to retrieve targeted clinical or scientific information from publicly available resources, such as PubMED, Google Scholar, and other resources.
- Work with NCI investigators to write manuscripts based on the studies and analyses conducted.
- Use EndNote for bibliography management.
- Prepare articles for journal submission, correspondence to related staff or scientists, communications to IRBs, and study protocol content update or revision.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings and conference calls between PIs, contractors and collaborators.
- Complete technical writing including co-authoring of articles for journal submission and writing of professional services agreements and statements of work.
- Support pre- and post-doctoral fellows with various statistical programs and graphing programs.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or a related discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience in utilizing statistical software packages for analyzing complex epidemiologic data, including R, SAS and STATA.
- Good understanding of medical terminology.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.