Kelly Services is seeking a Scrum Master for a global leader in providing integrated communications solutions and embedded electronic solutions in Chicago, IL.
Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: Chicago, IL (Downtown Chicago)
Contract Length: 6 months
Contract Type: W2
Pay Rate: $65/HR
Position Title: Scrum Master
Our Client is seeking an experienced IT Scrum Master to be a part of the IT Department Program Management Office. The work will be spread across multiple projects and delivery structured as Scrum Teams that embody agile principles to deliver functionality. This role will work with project managers, development leads, and business leads and stakeholders. The position is located in downtown Chicago.
This role requires oversight of all activities within a sprint, facilitating the team’s daily work and removing obstacles or impediments faced by the team in its work.
Role & Duties:
- Facilitate the teams daily work including all the scheduled meetings
- Remove the obstacles or impediments faced by the team in its work
- Coach the team members - specifically in adopting Agile practices
- Mentor the team members to adopt truly Agile mindset, including ownership, self-management and empowerment
- Create a collaborative environment which allows the team and stakeholders to interact closely
- Help the team members achieve optimum productivity
- Plan the teams meetings like Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Sprint Demo and Retrospective
- Helps in tracking the teams progress daily in the Sprints
- Help the team identify its strengths and weaknesses
- Guide the team in process improvement
- Collaborate with project and program leads to create overarching delivery timelines, project charters, business cases, communication plans
- Drives activities to achieve measurable outcomes by managing schedule, resource, scope, budget, risk, issue, and dependencies
- Provides timely updates to the IT PMO and Stakeholders by producing regular status reports and steering governance updates
- Facilitate daily stand-up, keep team on track
- Clarify stories that are about to start with Product Owner and Developer(s)
- Meet with Product Owner and BAs to groom stories in backlog
- Review current sprint progress and plan for upcoming sprint demo
- Assist Product Owner with stakeholder engagement and management
- Plan the sprint retrospective including future evaluation enhancements
- Review Product Owner feedback regarding deployment plan and approach
- Analyze and update team metrics to ensure proper project status
- Update risk / issue log, maintain budget, monitor project timeline
- Ensure overall project delivery (on-time, on-budget, high quality)
- Minimum 3 years experience leading multiple scrum teams in a Agile or hybrid environment
- Certified Agile Coach, Scrum Master or PM
- Experience with Confluence / JIRA
*** If this position may be of interest to you, please email me back at email@example.com (with your most up to date resume, for further consideration) and advise the best time and number at which you can be reached. If not for yourself, feel free to share this opportunity within your network! ***
By partnering with Kelly® IT, you’ll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We’re here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.