Kelly Services has an outstanding opportunity as a Sr. Project Controller in Houston, TX.
- Provide active cost management reporting and governance of projects/programs from initiation to completion
- Create, maintain and manage cost forecasting/reporting systems to ensure accuracy and visibility of project estimates and budgets to project scope/objectives
- Create and analyze change management documents to govern project costs and objective variances
- Forecast costs to completion based on trends including productivity measurements, labor rate analysis, commitments, management of change, schedule impacts and material cost variance
- Update, maintain and analyze project commitments, cost flow, and expenditures while also supporting monitoring, reviewing and analysis of cost, schedule, earned value and associated reporting
- Track, report and analyze project/program performance and costs from initiation to completion.
Establish and report project/program metrics and benchmarks
- Assess and document trends and risks of the project/ program as related to costs/schedule.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting (weekly/monthly)
- Collaborate and communicate with internal (Project Managers, business analysts, project administrators) and external stakeholders (vendors) throughout the project cycle to ensure transparency of project costs and trends
- Responsible for overseeing and analyzing project cost and performance data to establish performance metrics, which support the effective and proactive control of project costs and forecasting
- Reviews reports, analyses data and proposes recommendations in support of cost management governance
- Provides input related to improvements and process developments
- Considered a Specialist, works independently and demonstrates independent judgment in relation to accountabilities, including compilation and analysis of data
- Develops risk mitigation and ongoing improvements and developments in projects
- Identifies opportunities for cost improvements and internal benchmarking within and outside of areas of accountability
- Provides mentoring, coaching and guidance to junior colleagues
- Represents the department as a key contact, interacting with Project Managers, senior internal and client personnel on significant and complex project governance and controls matters
- Undergraduate Degree
- 8+ years of related experience
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must apply now to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (Matt Baldwin: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.