Job Title: IT Service Management Analyst
Term of Assignment: 1 Year
Location: Seattle, WA 98104
General Job Summary:
Under general direction of the Senior Manager, IT Service Delivery, this position will contribute to the strategic objectives of the Service Management Office by facilitating and executing on various ITSM tasks supporting an ITIL-based ITSM process framework. This includes developing advanced ServiceNow reports and dashboards, development of Service Design Package (SDP) and other process documentation, as well as providing audit oversight of existing service delivery. The position will work closely with both business partners and cross-technical teams, ensuring that key stakeholders and subject matter experts are engaged as needed. This position is additionally responsible for managing problems from creation through resolution following established processes.
The following duties are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
• Leads business process and workflow analysis and creates documentation.
• Creates performance reports and conducts metrics analysis utilizing ServiceNow Performance & Analytics
• Assist in developing and maintaining process and service deliverables and updates to existing process documentation.
• Engage in working sessions with internal and external stakeholders to derive SDP requirements to ensure that the proposed solution fulfills all Service Design Coordination objectives.
• Performs business process improvement, optimization.
• Identify opportunities for process improvements.
• Perform management and analysis of problems, coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as necessary, and document findings (i.e. compile data, update Service Now records, and develop known error documentation); work with technical teams to ensure incidents have proper problem statements as necessary.
• Schedule and run Root Cause Analysis meetings.
• Conduct trend analysis of recurring Problems/Incidents - extract trends on Incident types, Customer types, key problem areas, departments, hardware types etc.; communicate with IT support groups to review recurring Problems and press for final resolutions or escalate as needed.
• Facilitate Corrective Action Reviews for Major Problems.
• Update and maintain the Known Error Database to ensure accurate Known Errors are documented and available to staff.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, business management information systems, or closely related field and eight years of experience in information technology that includes IT Service Management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
• Project Management Certification is a plus
Required Knowledge of:
• Strong command of ITIL core processes and principles.
• Understanding of how IT service management supports and enables the business.
• Strong experience in the management of technology service delivery in a complex environment.
• Ability to identify key data elements needed for accurate and insightful reporting.
• Data Visualization and Reporting.
• Eliciting and documenting requirements.
• Analyzing and validating requirements.
• Methods and techniques of evaluating requirements and conducting cost benefit analyses.
• Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation.
• Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical databases.
Required Skill in:
• 3-5 years of work experience in process analysis, production enterprise tools and customer support. Experience with the Service Now application.
• Experience with the ServiceNow application and using Performance & Analytics
• Ability to lead technical conversations with various support groups.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public.
• Strong analytical skills in interpreting data utilizing Excel or other data analytical tools.
• Strong customer service in supporting a technical service offering.
• Communication and being comfortable working with a wide variety of technical and business personnel.
• Leading process improvement efforts, implementing process changes, and improving productivity through process improvement; ability to promote and implement continuous process improvement within teams and across teams.
• Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
• Proven competency in executing projects, on time and within budget, with business and IT personnel.
• Preparing and analyzing complex data and comprehensive reports.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
By partnering with Kelly® IT, you’ll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We’re here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.