Job DescriptionOne of the largest engine and power systems company is looking for MACHINE OPERATORS / shop helpers immediately. This is a temporary (seasonal project for up to 6 months, based on workload). 1st shift from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM Monday thru Friday. Pay is $14 hourly and location is in Houston, TX 77032.
*METATARSAL SAFETY SHOES / BOOTS REQUIRED on your 1st day*
Major job duties and responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- A DPF Cleaning Operator is responsible for performing all operations and tasks required to clean, inspect & package DPF components.
- Sorting, inspecting, material handling, cleaning and packaging.
- An operator assigned to the department must stay proficient in all operations associated with inspecting or cleaning and will continuously train as required to maintain their proficiency.
- May be required to train other employees as needed.
- Perform daily housekeeping or clean work area.
- Must be responsible for the quality of his/her work.
- Continuously review all responsibilities for improvement and will participate or read in those improvements where possible.
- May occasionally perform other duties as assigned by Group Leader or Manager.
- Must be able to read and understand all process documentation and operator instructions used in department.
- High school diploma is required
- Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Team player and detail oriented
- Using hand tools, air tools, and various lift assistance
- Operate material handling equipment
- An operator must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Metatarsal safety shoes or boots are required for this facility (successful candidates must have this footwear for their first day)
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available for eligible employee
Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase-and the coverage is portable*
Service bonus plan
Holiday pay plan
Weekly electronic pay options
Free online training campus available
Exclusive online employee community
Employee assistance program (EAP) available at no cost
Transportation spending accounts
This is an immediate-fill, temporary to permanent position! Only candidates with related and recent experience as a MACHINE OPERATOR / SHOP HELPER will be contacted for an interview. Please apply to this posting and make sure that your resume is uploaded. Valid DRIVER's LICENSE is REQUIRED!
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.