Kelly Government Solutions handles the placement of individuals with several US Government Agencies and private companies working on government projects. We currently have openings for AMPV Track Vehicle Mechanics on assignment in Fort Hood, TX. These opportunities would be in support of our client, a defense industry leader, who designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor.
If you or anyone you know are interested in this opportunity, please apply online or contact Justin Swearengin at email@example.com
- The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have hands on maintenance experience supporting the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, M113, or similar tracked platforms AND be comfortable with 75% to 100% travel.
- Provides support and continuity to customers and users on a national basis to achieve system readiness.
- Support includes technical assistance/advice, technical data collection and reporting, operating systems expert on vehicles, act as the first point of contact for field problem identification and accident investigations.
- Provides technical assistance during testing, troubleshooting, repairing, de-processing, storing and assistance in shipping vehicles and their respective components during transition.
- Familiarization consists of system operation, assembly and subassembly troubleshooting, component and system fault isolation and repair.
- Must possess an Active Secret Security Clearance OR Interim Secret Clearance
- Must possess general mechanics tool set.
- Knowledge of military maintenance systems (all levels of repair).
- Knowledge of appropriate technical manuals and engineering data.
- Must be able to interpret and use all types of engineering drawings and schematics.
- Detail understanding of system troubleshooting techniques.
- Familiar with the use and operation of TMDE (Test Measurement) type diagnostic equipment.
- Technically proficient in vehicle operation, mechanics and electronics.
- Experience in the mechanical/electronic field of relevant military products; technical knowledge depth must be first through fourth level of maintenance repair.
- Basic computer skills.
- Understanding of the military structure.
- Proficiently use all types of hand tools, shop tools, including micrometers, depth gauges and finish gauges.
- Use all types of power tools, lifting devices, carrying or support equipment in a safe/sure manner.
- Be able to develop and present vehicle and component formal and informal training programs.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimal office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, move about, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Minimal office environment.
- Primarily harsh field conditions (domestic) and test conditions (inside/external).
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.