Kelly Services connects talented professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting opportunity available as a Machine Operator located in Auburn, Maine. Opportunity is with an industry leading automation technology company!
- Title: Machine Operator
- Shift: 1st shift - 6:15 am - 2:30 pm OR 2nd shift – 2:15 pm - 10:30 pm OR 3rd shift- 10:15 pm - 6:30 am
- Start: ASAP – Temp to hire!
- Pay: $15.00 - 15.50/hr
- Location: Auburn, ME 04210
Please note: This position is being recruited for out of a remote Kelly Services office, please apply directly to the posting for immediate consideration
Summary/Purpose: The employee in this role will be required to perform each of the tasks below in a safe and timely manner. The Operator must focus on quality as well as productivity.
- Interpret written specs
- Repetitive heavy lifting
- Perform standard work per the quality work plans
- Generate improvement ideas on a weekly basis
- Participation in team based improvement activities
- Active participation in standard work revisions
- Inspect parts using pin/ thread gages
- Position, adjust, and secure stock or work pieces against stops on chucks, vises, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms
- Add coolant and lubrication materials to maintain proper levels
- Clean, maintain, and organize assigned area
- High School Diploma / GED
- 1 year of Machine Operation experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Experience inspecting parts using hand tools
- Good safety, attendance, and performance record
- Able to interpret shop blueprints
- Able to interpret MOSs
- Able to do arithmetic and basic shop math
- Use standard measuring instruments
- Work with minimum supervision
- Communicate effectively
- Works well with others
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.