Work as the Business Analyst for implementation efforts related to integration with downstream (Tier-n) systems that utilize employee, payroll and/or other data stored in local data repositories. Responsibilities include:
- Act as the backup point of contact for all downstream systems.
- Analyze the usage of legacy payroll system data by downstream systems. Conduct outreaches to potentially impacted areas to facilitate the maintenance of a comprehensive list of systems with dependency on data.
- Facilitate the implementation of the strategy for updating Tier-n systems. Support the analysis of interfaces required for Tier-n system updates. Work with the owners of individual Tier-n systems as needed to understand the data requirement and dependency. Provide assistance in the assessment of the impact of implementation on various systems, which requires understanding Future State Process Designs and other pertinent design documents. Document and maintain the functional requirements and data mapping documentation for the required interfaces.
- Work closely with technical team members to support the implementation of the interfaces by providing domain knowledge about the underlining data. Responsible for maintaining detailed documentation on the access and utilization of the interfaces and provide training to Tier-n system owners.
- Responsible for documenting and tracking analysis/design issues and questions, coordinating the resolution and escalation if needed.
- Participate in all testing phases. Tasks include but are not limited to: creating test data, documenting test cases, executing tests, recording test results, reporting and tracking defects.
- Provide ongoing project updates to Tier-n system owners. Assist the Tier-n Lead in tracking the project progress and schedule.
- Work on other project tasks as assigned.
As a member of the Administration & Business Services, participate in the Wide PeopleSoft implementation. Tasks include analysis of the usage of legacy data in downstream systems, data mapping and impact analysis, analysis and design of interfaces required for integration with downstream systems, development of the functional specifications for the required future state interfaces, testing of integration points as interfaces are developed. Incumbent must utilize domain knowledge related to the data in the legacy Payroll system and system in order to provide assistance to the stakeholders of the downstream systems as needed. Other duties include tracking task progress to support the overall project status reporting. This position will report to and act as a backup for the Tier-n Lead.
- Experience working with HR and/or Payroll system, knowledge with PeopleSoft.
- Experience working in a University setting a plus.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of SQL querying and relational database management systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle or DB2 environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Familiarity with business process analysis.
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skill.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Service-Oriented Architecture and Web Services.
- Familiarity with relational data modeling.
- Familiarity with application system development life cycle.
- Familiarity with a university environment.
If this describes you, please apply today!
By partnering with Kelly® IT, you’ll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We’re here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly complies with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative. A conviction record does not automatically bar individuals from employment.