Accessioner/Lab Assistant – Austin, TX
Immediate Job Opening!
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking an Accessioner/Lab Assistant for one of our top clinical labs in Austin, TX.
The Accessioner/Lab Assistant will be responsible for specimen receipt, counting, accessioning, scanning, centrifugation, decanting and preparation of patient specimens and manifest creation for laboratory send outs. Perform review of accessioned cases to ensure all information was entered correctly in LIS (Laboratory Information System).
- Responsible for accurately handling and processing all laboratory specimens, ensuring specimen integrity by adhering to laboratory procedures.
- Accession/Data entry duties
- Verification of specimen identification from primary to aliquot tubes. Signing batch log to reflect verification.
- Identify correct documentation and procedures for missing or discrepant information
- Archive and file al paperwork
- Follow and enforces all safety, infection control and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines
- Receiving samples from FedEx and logging tracking number/verifying FedEx insight pre-delivery log.
- Training and following applicable laboratory SOPs. Taking responsibility for individual training log and CE requirements as applicable.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include department programs, quality control, quality assurance and safety.
- Vocational School in related field OR High School Diploma/Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as a Specimen Processor is a plus
- Laboratory Assistant Accessioner Training
- Laboratory Information System (LIS)Training
- Data Entry, QA/QC experience preferred
- M-F; 1st Shift/Various work schedules available
- Attention to detail
- General knowledge of laboratory terminology
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.