Industry: Manufacturing – Medical Devices
Work Location: Memphis, TN
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Duration: 6 Months (Temporary/Contract)
Manufacturing Engineer – Memphis, TN
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for one of our top clients in Memphis, TN.
- General Summary:
Supports technology projects that add to core competencies and/or reduce costs.
Supports successful new product launches as an Operations Team Member.
Duties include, but are not limited to, providing input for P/DFMEA, developing robust processes, continuous improvement projects, ensuring accuracy and communication of COGS.
Consistently meets expectations while accomplishing tasks and, meeting goals and objectives
in a timely manner.
Completes assignments with directional input and periodic guidance.
Possesses our company values of Performance, Innovation and Trust.
Responsibilities: (Please specify % amount against each responsibility)
- 25% Support Manufacturing in delivering quality product to the customer
- 25% Analyzes technical manufacturing problems in the manufacture of machine parts, assemblies, fabricated and purchased items and provides solutions to maintain efficient flow of product
- 25% Analyzes manufacturing problems and customer issues related to design process and function, and interfaces with all aspects of engineering personnel to give prompt corrective solutions
- 25% Implement and monitor cost savings initiatives
Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
Must be in excellent academic standing, with a 3.0 or above preferred
Previous applicable internship, co-op, part-time or apprenticeship experience is preferred. Some knowledge of medical devices/manufacturing standards, methods and processes are a plus
Demonstrated leadership experience preferred; a proven and effective project leader preferred.
Strong communication skills including technical writing, listening and speaking; ability to influence others
High learning agility with the ability to analyze and synthesize data and then present it to senior leaders
Must be able to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and drive project completion
Independent thinking and the ability to work within a team is required
Ability to assess technical issues and develop solutions utilizing an analytical approach to problem solving
Requires the ability to manage tight deadlines, multiple tasks, assignment changes, periodic heavy workload, rapidly changing technology, and dynamic business growth; time management and organization skills are a must
Travel Requirements: <0-10%
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.