Ohio based company is seeking a Chemist to work in product development and formulations
Full time position, day shift
Retirement benefits and medical benefits
· Meeting with raw materials suppliers, and lab service suppliers.
· Scale-up & processing of cosmetic products manufactured in-house.
· Work with compounding to ease the batching process.
· Follow SOPs.
· Work with quality systems for consistency in batching products
- Assist in the development of new products from inception, through testing, scale up and transition to manufacturing.
- Show creativity and resourcefulness to come up with solutions to issues, which may arise during product development.
- Perform product stability testing on all formulas.
- Provide brand maintenance on existing products.
- Seek out new technology, meet with raw material suppliers and evaluate new ingredients.
- Document and interpret data in order to support conclusions and share findings within the team.
- International product registration as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry or Material Science required.
- 4+ years experience in skin care, cosmetic, and personal care industries with formulation knowledge in various forms (e.g. emulsions, serums, gels, dispersions, lotions) and familiarity with skin biology and active ingredient functions.
- Creative and self-motivated and be able to think out of the box
- Ability to work in and promote a collaborative/innovative environment.
- Passionate about creating new and advanced products.
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.