Kelly Services is now seeking a Buyer II for one of our major clients located in Dulles VA. Apply Today!
- Sources and procures goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers.
- Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations.
- Issues purchase orders.
- Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
Education and Skills:
- BS Degree with 3+ years of related experience
- MS Degree with 1+ year of related experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as SAP and Business Warehouse Preferred
- Expertise in Global Supply Chain procurement, sourcing, and systems support
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.