Quality Lab Supervisor (Food/Beverage Manufacturing)
Seeking a motivated Quality Lab Supervisor for a Diary Manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. The Quality Lab Supervisor’s role is to administer corporate policies and procedures as they relate to quality and food safety, along with performing and monitoring laboratory equipment calibrations, supervising the lab technician team in conjunction with the QC Manager through performance, monitoring and development of quality systems and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Environmental and sanitation monitoring by conducting and directing the associated programs.
- Perform and monitor laboratory equipment calibrations.
- Lead team of laboratory technicians in quality analysis.
- Monitor plant quality data and analysis.
- Supervise and conduct laboratory functions and operations in all facets of analytical testing and support for in-process and finished product analysis.
- Train and review of methodologies, SOP’s, performance and techniques of hourly employees.
- Implement and conduct routine laboratory calibrations of instruments to assure accuracy and repeatability of test results.
- Finished product evaluation to include packaging review and finished product integrity. Ensure all analytical and production check frequencies are being met.
- Weights and measures verification to include scale checks and documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to facilitate implementation of corporate quality systems in a positive and proactive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others, as well as the ability to operate independently as required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be goal oriented and result driven
- Must have strong technical and organizational skills
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Must have 1+ years of experience in Dairy or Food Quality assurance with preference given to those with a B.S. Degree in Food/Dairy Science/Microbiology or an associated discipline.
- Experience in food plant sanitation.
- HACCP certification would be a plus.
If you are interested in advancing your career with this opportunity, apply now for immediate consideration.
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.