Process Development Engineer
Kelly Service is seeking a talented Process Development Engineer – QE for our client in Kalamazoo, MI. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience and a BSME or BSEE. This is a minimum 1-year contract role with the possibility of extension. Experience with PPAP, control plan and capability studies would be of benefit as well as experience in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
Pay $45.00 - 57.00 per hour DOE and Education
Working within a cross functional team to execute various tasks within the manufacturing transfer process. Responsible for the design, modeling, development and testing of a machine, structure or system. Develops functional requirements. Understands and applies standard engineering principles. Creates simulations and prototypes to evaluate preliminary designs and test how a machine, structure or system operates. Designs and tests components and integrates components to produce final product. Monitors quality of products and controls the efficiency of processes. Evaluates a design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Investigates root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
- Supporting the building of project schedules
- Working with current suppliers to understand how components and sub-assemblies are manufactured in order to assist in the transfer of manufacturing process to new suppliers.
- Components/manufacturing process to be transferred requiring contractors to support planning, testing, validation work in the following areas: PCB boards, injection molding, manual assembly, electrical design, floor layout.
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- Ability to Travel Domestically and possible International
Top 3 Must Haves
- Good Communicator
- Organized and Structured
- Self-Starter with experience in Plastic Injection molding -specifically around Parts & tool DFM, identification of defects and SIMS.
Top 3 Nice To Haves
- Good attention to detail
- Experience with PPAP, control plan and capability studies would be of benefit
- If they have experience in Manufacturing Transfers or any supplier activities would be of benefit but not essential.
Other nice to haves:
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
- Experience in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
- Experience in Reviewing and approval of validation documentation. Contractor may be expected to travel internationally
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to world-class perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- *Group insurance options
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
*Important information: This position is recruited by a remote, national, Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Contact Stacie.Howell@Kellyservices.com.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.