Food Quality Assurance Technician – Vadnais Heights, MN
Shift: M-F 4:00pm - 1:00am (Occasional Saturdays)
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking candidates for a Food Quality Assurance Technician for one of our top clients in Vadnais Heights, MN. This is Contract-to-Hire opportunity.
As a Food Quality Assurance Technician placed with Kelly Scientific Resources, your primary function is to provide quality assurance of processes and products to meet specifications.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position consist of but are not limited to:
- Perform periodic product and process quality checks to ensure material is not defective or damaged and that material is appropriate to customer specifications.
- Sample and test incoming ingredients and packaging supplies based on specifications.
- Maintain accurate records and results for quality assurance.
- Use lab equipment to perform quality tests.
- Conduct audits of finished products on production lines
- Communicate effectively with Line Lead regarding any issues related to packaging seals, codes, weights, packaging integrity.
- Communicate effectively with Production Supervisor on quality issues.
- Dispose of off quality, improper product and materials in designated areas.
- Conduct line inspections for cleanliness
- Perform visual quality check of packaged and finished product to ensure that they are package according to specification.
- Collect all samples and retains needed for customers and micro samples
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Document product records in computer system.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the Supervisor.
- Willingness to work overtime when asked.
- Help production pack, box, and label finished product when needed
- Ability to maintain a positive and productive relationship with co-workers.
- Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to ensure maximum process efficiency.
- Verify food quality and food safety through quality checks, auditing and reporting. This includes SQF, HACCP, GMP and daily forms.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary, or required by the Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years job related experience.
- Food industry experienced preferred
- Clear communication skills (oral & written)
- Basic Math skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle several tasks concurrently
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.